The earliest written record of Camigliano dates back to 948 A.D.
This parchment is in the Badia S. Eugenio di Siena, and records a transfer of assets in "Camugliano" in the Sienese countryside.
From then on the hamlet's history underwent varying fortunes, first under the Sienese Republic and later with the Grand Duchy of Tuscany, up until the Kingdom and Republic of Italy. Perhaps it is due to this very history, thousands of years old, that Camigliano preserves its ancient charm to this day.
The Ghezzi family purchased the hamlet of Camigliano and surrounding farmland in 1957 and decided straight away that as well as the typical farming activity of the period (raising cattle and pigs, and growing cereal crops) they would plant new vineyards, in recognition of the area's huge potential. The 1959 Brunello di Montalcino (the first vineyards of Brunello were planted in that year) was certainly not the famous wine that it is today, and investing in it back then required foresight and intuition.
Having overcome considerable problems of logistics, some of the cellars of the farm were equipped for winemaking and ageing, and the first harvest took place in 1965.
At the close of the second millennium the decision was taken to begin replanting the old vineyards and to invest heavily in rebuilding part of the old cellars and building new ones, perfectly in tone with the beautiful countryside surrounding the village of Camigliano.